‘Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian’ Docuseries Starting May 4
Go behind the scenes of the hit series 'The Mandalorian' with this new Disney+ documentary series!
Want to learn more about the cutting-edge filmmaking techniques and technology used to bring the hit Disney+ series The Mandalorian to life? Then you’re in luck! The eight-part documentary series Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian will take viewers behind the scenes of the making of the first ever live-action Star Wars series and you won’t need to wait long; the first episode will be released on Disney+ on May 4 and new episodes will be released every Friday thereafter.
Helmed by the show’s executive producer Jon Favreau, each episode will explore a different facet of the show and will feature in-depth commentary, interviews, round-table conversations, and juicy anecdotes from the directors, cast, and crew. And, hopefully, plenty of on-set footage of Werner Herzog working alongside The Child.
For a sneak preview of what’s to come, check out the trailer embedded above. Details of the first five episodes can be found below:
- Episode 101 – “Directing” – In the first episode, the filmmakers speak about their individual journeys on the way to the director’s chair and take us inside the filmmaking process of The Mandalorian. (May 4, 2020)
- Episode 102 – “Legacy” – The team behind The Mandalorian examines the profound impact of George Lucas’ Star Wars. (May 8, 2020)
- Episode 103 – “Cast” – Pedro Pascal, Gina Carano, and Carl Weathers discuss the making of The Mandalorian. (May 15, 2020)
- Episode 104 – “Technology” – Favreau and the team reveal how a new filmmaking technology was used to bring The Mandalorian to life. (May 22, 2020)
- Episode 105 – “Practical” – The team celebrates the artistry behind the practical models, effects and animatronic creatures. (May 29, 2020)
All of the information listed here was correct at the time of publication.
You must be logged in to post a comment.