Want to learn more about the cutting-edge filmmaking techniques and technology used to bring the hit Disney+ series The Mandalorian to life? Then you’re in luck! The eight-part documentary series Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian will take viewers behind the scenes of the making of the first ever live-action Star Wars series and you won’t need to wait long; the first episode will be released on Disney+ on May 4 and new episodes will be released every Friday thereafter.
Helmed by the show’s executive producer Jon Favreau, each episode will explore a different facet of the show and will feature in-depth commentary, interviews, round-table conversations, and juicy anecdotes from the directors, cast, and crew. And, hopefully, plenty of on-set footage of Werner Herzog working alongside The Child.
For a sneak preview of what’s to come, check out the trailer embedded above. Details of the first five episodes can be found below:
- Episode 101 – “Directing” – In the first episode, the filmmakers speak about their individual journeys on the way to the director’s chair and take us inside the filmmaking process of The Mandalorian. (May 4, 2020)
- Episode 102 – “Legacy” – The team behind The Mandalorian examines the profound impact of George Lucas’ Star Wars. (May 8, 2020)
- Episode 103 – “Cast” – Pedro Pascal, Gina Carano, and Carl Weathers discuss the making of The Mandalorian. (May 15, 2020)
- Episode 104 – “Technology” – Favreau and the team reveal how a new filmmaking technology was used to bring The Mandalorian to life. (May 22, 2020)
- Episode 105 – “Practical” – The team celebrates the artistry behind the practical models, effects and animatronic creatures. (May 29, 2020)
All of the information listed here was correct at the time of publication.